Project UK: Grey Coat Imperial Guards

So I spent a while over the weekend working on this batch. Am glad to see them done up, and just have to touch up the goggles now with some last minute updates..

I really tried to make the scheme of grey still work out across the group. The blacks were there to help break things up a bit, while the blue hued helms were there to have some color in the models.

I painted them in batches of 12-16. Not for any reason other than that is how many empty paint pots I have kicking around to place models on while I paint them up. Helps with the airbrush priming process.

So on wards to the photos then.. :)

This is the combined force ( with the Van Saars in the background ).





Some close ups here..




So enjoy the weekend, and expect more updates forthcoming..

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks.. were fun to paint over the weekend :)

      Delete
  2. I do like theses as I used to have some, nice bit of retro.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Retro is the new cool.. and these guys fit the bill indeed! Glad you like.

      Delete
  3. Old schoo mini's with an old school grey paintjob. love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just trying to keep it to the letter of the brief given to me by the client.

      Delete
  4. I have updated them a bit, so expect some more photos soon. Not huge updates, but all the goggles got Orange lenses. Adds another color to them and breaks up the grey a bit more.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts