Just a quick post stating that the army itself is finalized!
Basing done.. most models varnished ( ok so still need to do that ) and movement trays completed also.
Was a long road to get this done, and again I have learned a lot while completing this army.
The benefits of batch painting has always been clear to me unfortunately, but now I can see what the best size for a batch is ( its 25-30 btw.. ).
My recipe for purple is pretty much locked down, though now that I have found another purple I might play around with it more.
Though it was the purple that gave me a start on layering on this project, but the skin was what really gave me a chance to practice the layering aspect even further. Here I began to work on trying to really show some depth to the models in this area, and I think I achieved it in the wyches and naked girl especially.
The other biggest thing I learned was the eye painting technique. One that I am now using and will put to good use for future projects.. even for evil projects, whereby I might make it a red background and black pupils.
From here, I am hoping to acquire a DSLR to take better photos of all the different units. Not sure how it will turn out, but I will also attempt to get a custom backdrop done up also to make the photos better. Will see how that goes, and if I should invest in a better camera ( or at least one that is not my cell phone :) ).
In the meantime, take a look at some of the poor photos of the army at the moment...
|Characters on Monsters|
|Repeater Bolt Throwers|
|Spearman Unit 1|
|Spearman Unit 2|
|Shades Unit 1|
|Shade Unit 2|
|Cauldron of Blood|