Blast from the past

This is the Damsel, who should be mounted on a horse, for the Bretonnian army.

I had purchases this years ago to paint up for my wife. And it has sat on her desk at work for ages. Actually it is one of the pieces that I refer to when people ask me what I do for painting and why I do it. I think its a good introduction piece for them.

This is also a good reference to where my painting was 3-4 yrs ago. I was going through a phase where all skin tones were dark. I could not for the life of my paint a white or pale skin color to save my life. I told my wife it was to match her own skin tone as she can get pretty dark in the summer time ( being Turkish her skin reacts to sun better than my pale Canadian skin does ).

Clothing was done in blues, as I like blue, and they were easy to paint at the time.

For basing, I had put it on a flying stand, with a piece of plastic sprue that was made into a log for her to sit on. Not my best work, but again I have come a long way since then.

Reason for this update was that I was borrowing my co-workers Nikon DSLR camera for other projects, and we used this as a test model at work for her to show me the settings.

More photos below..



Expect to see more Blast from the Past models.. probably when I have too many other projects in severe WIP status and don't want to show how bad they look at those stages.. sometimes.. 

Comments

Popular Posts