Work in Progress Wednesday - Khorne Berzerkers


Wednesday already??? Well this week I have been focusing on finishing up the Khorne Berzerkers for Project UK.

After posting up the test model, the client came back with the comments that it should be more in line to the original fluff and less of Zhufor's. That and they should be brighter. So they are now brighter! And now with 200% more brass!

Going the more traditional route, I have to say that I am not as much of a fan of the color scheme. But they are not finished so will hold back judgement until then. They still need to have the skulls painted up, and then a black wash ran all over them. This will help with the shading of the red and make them less Blood Angel like, and more covered in blood from angels looking.. I hope!

I still have to do the bases as well, but that will be more fun than work. I am having a lot of fun doing them up these days. Playing with the cork bases, adding gravel, and then painting it in different grey. I might dig through the bitz boxes and see if I can find some pieces to toss on them to represent their dead opponents as well..


As you can see, the full 2 units are represented here, and the original test model is here as well. He is a lot more maroon than the newer paint job, and still has his silver edgings. A good reflection of how much brighter red I made the rest, and how much they contrast overall.

Let's hope I can get them finished by the end of this week! Including their backpacks ( which I need to dig out still and do all the prep with! ).

Cheers

Comments

  1. I love the bright red and are those brains I see?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Michael. Not brains so much as stretched skin with etched chaos symbols.. good times ;)

      Delete
  2. Great colors and good paint as always Mr Lee
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Capt.. been slacking too much lately, so need to get back into gear and get some items painted!

      Delete
  3. They look great so far. Look forward to seeing them finished off and based.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Brummie, am just finishing the bases now, and then getting ready to do up the back packs for them. Good times ahead with them!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts