Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Work in Progress Wednesday - Flyers..


So thinking of doing this more regularly.. showing what is on my desk mid-week.. whatever the status of it is..

And since I have been sick since what seems like forever now ( yay for recycled air on airplanes! ) I have had time to dive into 2 Nephelim Fighters that I have picked up over the past couple of months..

So far it is only the airbrush stages that have occurred, but they are gaining traction quickly.

I did not go with the traditional assembly of the models however as they looked too plain. Taking some of the more religious parts of the kits out, I added them to each flyer to make them a bit more unique. I think it works, and also since they belong to me, I am OK with them not being 100% accurate :)

Still lots to do on them like the details, more colors, then weathering, chipping, etc.. will be cool to see them finished as they will be the first vehicles that I have completed for myself in well over 10 yrs! I seem to play more infantry based armies and less vehicle based ones.. who knew?!?

Bases are just cork, torn up, re-glued, and covered in paint and pigments and flock. They were a lot of fun to do up also, even if they do not match the DA infantry bases all that much ( but they do look more cool! ).

One more shot of the flyers with infantry near the base to give a sense of scale.


And you can see tomorrow's article standing at the base! Till then..

1 comment:

  1. I like the way you did the blue on those cockpit windows. Looks like the sun is hitting it and reflecting the light around it. Nice.

    ReplyDelete

If you liked the post, become a follower, comment or email me at mr.lees.painting.emporium@gmail.com.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...