7 yr anniversary and the presents that it brings!


So last week we celebrated our 7 yr wedding anniversary ( or at least the one from getting married in Canada that is.. ). So to mark the occasion, I have been working on the above "model". I put those in quotation marks because as you can see from the Strain models in the background.. it is HUGE!!! A very big distraction from the everyday models I work on these days ( and that includes the displays! ).

I was able to pick it up one day a while back when in Kadikoy's art supply district. While there I found this picture frame plaster decoration. I knew from previous trips to here that my wife had thought it looked neat, but of course was not sure if it was something that I would be able to paint these days.

So trying to surprise her, I picked it up while she was not with me, and tried to paint it while she was out. Problem being.. she is hardly out these days! So painting it was very slow.. and so I have gotten it to this point now, and showed it to her prior to me leaving for UK this week. So at least I have given her something prior to taking off for our anniversary!

Most of it was done with Airbrush ( cause I tried with normal brush and it was taking forever! ) and I think it came out nicely overall. Still some more work to get finished on it though. So let's see how it goes for working on it in between other projects now!

Her surprise for me though was equally surprising! She had found tickets to my favorite Turkish band maNga!


Was a private venue show where they did half their set in acoustic and local versions, before going to their trademark fast/rock styling. Only downside was it was on the other side of Istanbul.. on a work night.. I hate driving in the Istanbul traffic.. but it was the only downside overall!

Comments

  1. Congrats on the anniversary!

    …and kudos for attempting such a huge model. Excellent job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow a nice gift there! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just such an elegant piece and lovingly painted as well. Congratulations to you and you are a good husband :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow that is a big model, all the best for the big day

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a beautiful figure, I bet your wife loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the milestone, and that is an amazing model that you've done amazing things with.
    I'm at 7 years as well (also from a Canadian marriage).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratz!! Very nice gift to mark the occaision, I wish you many more :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts