Sedition Wars Vanguard Test and thoughts..


So over the weekend I did up a test coloring for a Vanguard trooper. It is for my friend's box set as he wanted his to be white like in the original box art.

I followed, though slightly less steps, the steps of Jay from over at Biohazard Painting as he had made a great little tutorial on how to paint them up using GW's new paints.

This is how he sits after some work.. still need to clean it up a bit, and finish off the gun.

I know there is a mold line here, but it was a test model. It might get stripped and redone as it is. 
For my own though, after painting this model is that I will move away from the white coloring. I have never been a fan of painting white ( just because it is so damn hard to paint usually! ), but instead try to copy the armor colors from Halo!

Sorry for the blurry shots.. they were taken from my camera before heading off to work this morning! Will do better ones once the other test models are created.


I think the Vanguard and the Halo character's armor look similar enough. So I will do some more tests on them and see how this goes. I can also see a bit of battle damage being added to the armor as well since they will be fighting off the strain quite a bit in the coming weeks!

Let's see how it goes and stay tuned for the finished photos of the first set of Level 1 Strain models. Just need to touch up a few pieces, and then paint up their bases.

Comments

  1. Hola Amigo
    Pues para ser de color blanco y como bien dices es un color dificil,esta muy bien,el protector del casco me gusta,pues me quedo a la espera de las fotos finales de todo terminado.
    UN SALUDO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias JD
      No estoy seguro si voy a terminar el modelo, ya que es en realidad mis compañeros y fue simplemente para mostrarle cómo seguir adelante con este proyecto. Pero voy a abordar un poco más con el colorido de Halo lugar y ver cómo va. Y les doy un poco de angustia en la armadura también. Vamos a ver cómo va!
      ¡Salud!

      Delete
  2. Both would look good to be fair, I hate white it so hard to get it to look smooth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon, and yeah, white is the mofo of colors to paint nicely. Thankfully the airbrush laid down a nice base, and a thinned Vallejo Model color white was decent to move it forward. But I will look at doing the more greenish coloring and see how it turns out. Cheers

      Delete
  3. White is a colour that does my head in as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bane of my painting all the time. It either works or it doesn't... pure and simple!

      Delete
  4. I totally understand you regarding the white armor! After almost 10 models finished I had to paint some Strain models to keep my mood up. It also gets really repetitive with the same miniatures and color scheme.

    But I am glad you liked the tutorial and it is great to see some results from it. Keep it up!
    I look forward to see a sample painted with the Halo colors. It is an excellent idea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jay. I also just received comments from Brushbrothers forums about using more Star War themes and to break up the color with some colored patterns also. Like red military tags along the arm or different colors helmets. Will give them a go as well. I only have 2 biohazard boxes worth, plus my buddies 2 biohazard boxes worth of vanguard to test this with ;)

      Delete
  5. White is difficult for me as well. But it also would get boring after 2 figures for me. Throw some colour onto these bad boys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. White's such a hard colour to get looking nice, well done!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts