SEDITION WARS HAS ARRIVED!!!!

Yes, you read the title correctly. I have my copies of Sedition wars finally! And yes, I mean copies, as in 2 boxes of the game! Why? Because it just made sense at the time.. don't judge me!


You can see how large the boxes are from the Strain model sitting on the left box. They be HUGE!!!!!

I had received them last week, and it was quite the ordeal. Seems mine got the privilege of being selected to be checked at customs. Even though the cost value was so low on the invoice! Such is the whim of the Turkish govt it seems.

So after dealing with them ( and paying a custom's tax to boot! ) I finally had the games at home ready to be pulled apart.

This is not going to be a review of the box or anything. I haven't had time still to really go through it all, but I did have the chance to check out some of the models, and get a strain painted up! So at least I know the direction that I will head with regards to the painting style of one faction at the moment.


Pretty bugger ain't he? It is a simple lvl 1 strain model. I had a lot of difficulty to figure out exactly how I would paint it up, but I think in the end I managed well enough.

Dead, rotting skin.. check!
Exposed innards.. check!
Torn dirty pants.. check!
Mysterious green mutations.. check!

Perfect then, he is ready to go forth and infect the Vanguard then and get them to join his ranks!

For the base, since it is a bit more sci fi and high tec, I went with a tron kind of look. Simple metallic base coat, with blue neon lines running throughout it. Gives a bit of a contrast to the rest, but I like how it came out especially.


Expect to see a lot of these over the coming weeks. I plan to work on them in between my other projects ( Project UK, Daemons of Chaos, Infinity, Dark Angels, display models, and whatever else passes along my desk! ). I also hope to get in a game at some time with it. What with having 2 boxes worth of material to play with, it should be one epic level game.. if/when I get around to reading the rules that is.

Cheers for now!

Comments

  1. Hola Amigo
    Pues tienen buena pinta,el problema de aduanas es una pesadez,el esquema de colores parece interesante,estare a tento
    un saludo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely job painting up that Strain model. Can you give me any more info on how you do the blue "neon" glow for the Tron-like look? I'd like to try something similar on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "He Preddy", as they say in Arkansas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job! Starting my Strain today.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts