MOAR PAINT!!!!


Just a random post today.. due to being in UK this week for work..

I don't just collect miniatures it seems.. I also collect paint.. I wonder if there is an support group for such collection compulsions?

BTW.. I don't think I have enough still :) This is just Vallejo and GW paints mainly.. with a single P3 color thrown in for good measure.

Still need to buy more dropper bottles for the GW colors as it makes life so much easier when trying to mix or pour them onto the wet palette.. though once that happens more space will open up for more paints.. oh the horror of this vicious cycle!


And then there are these.. a selection of Oil colors.. why? Cause I keep seeing a lot of people adding them to their models post Acrylic paint. So figured why not jump onto the band wagon here. Not the best selection I picked up, but it has the basics I believe.

Not much else to say.. enjoy the week!

Comments

  1. Excellent!!! That's a mighty fine collection of paints!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray.. my wife keeps asking me if I am using them all.. to which I explain OF COURSE!!! Though I think I have an obsession between these and the models themselves ;)

      Delete
  2. It is almost a store you have Mr Lee,
    Great collection
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Capt LOL.. it was why I was so shocked when you showed your collection! So small but such great effects! My wife wises I had more of that control of painting and collecting :)

      Delete
  3. Thats a nice set!!!!

    My Fiancee would be saying exactly the same. Also she'd be going nuts being displayed like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Thanks Brummie. Indeed it is a bit too much at times, but then again it is also not enough ;) I try to "hide" it by sitting in front of it most of the time!

      Delete
  4. May I ask what you use as a paint stand? I too, have lots of paint but no organized storage. What you have would really help me identify quickly, what I have and what I need. Not to mention making colour matching and balance a lot simpler.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Derek, I get this question a lot actually. You can see the post I did waaaaay back when I got my first one - http://mrleespaintingemporium.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/miniaturicum-paint-rack.html - since then I have just kept on collecting paints and now have 3 of these large racks. hope it helps!

      Delete
    2. Thank you very much! That was really helpful. I look forward to your thoughts on the oil paints

      Delete
  5. Holy Christ! I'm going to have The Hubby look at this so he can see that I don't have nearly enough paint. There needs t be a support group for spouses so my man can understand why I have to spend his money on this hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can never have enuff paint, etc!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts