WIP Dark Angel Belial Part 3


I would love to say that this is the last WIP before you see the final work of this guy, but that would be a lie. As always, I am trying to get as much feedback on this model as I can as I am trying to go for a much higher quality than normal on it.

As such, I am getting a lot of positive constructive comments on how to improve it. And for the most part, currently the main comments revolve around tightening up the colors a bit, smoothing out the layers, and getting more contrast on the pieces. Sounds simple, but in reality, extremely difficult. More so as when I take one step forward, I usually get a massive step backwards on another section. Always learning though so what can you really say about it!


Here you can see I started on the metal sections, I have changed the ceremonial rope to be red, and his dagger too. Yeah, that is about it! Spent the rest of my painting time playing Dragon's Dogma on PS3 instead. :) Not as rewarding, but climbing up the back of a troll to strike him in the eye is pretty fun!

Anyways, cloak is still far from finished, and not sure how else I will tackle it yet. Nor what colors I will use for the trim piece that sticks out from it.

Though I also have to say that this Failcast model of Belial really sucks. I spent far too long trying to fix it, and I am still seeing issues with it everywhere. Thankfully I will make this model for show instead of gaming. Not sure he would survive a couple of games seeing how flimsy he is. Will recreate him from the plastic boxset of terminators one day for gaming purposes I think.

Anyways.. let me know what you think of it now. As stated, there will be more posts on him in the future, and always appreciate the feedback on this project!

Cheers!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts