First thing to say about these guys is that I took a bit more liberties with the color scheme. They are slightly darker and more blue hued than the others.
Also since they are TT+ candidates, I went and did a bit more highlighting on the upper reaches. Spent a bit more time on them due to this, but I think it was for the better.
I have been feeling that this army has been missing something from the beginning, and it has been a bit of a slog to get through them. Now I can see that it was that they were a bit too "simple" for being Marines. And the lack of variation in the colors and light/shade on them was causing the inner artist in me to go crazy!
Although not the best photos, hopefully the work on the faces can be seen here. Spent a bit more experimenting on how to do the highlights and features here better. Really making the facial features pop as much as I could for it. The faces here were the initial tests before yesterday's group. So some of the color are not the same, and the hair was again very much experimental.
Also after initially posting up some WIP shots, and having a discussion with the client, I went forth and tried something new for the fists as well. Trying for a "Ice" fist look. Not sure if I pulled it off, but I think the extra color is what was missing on this army. Too bland!
You can see in a photo below also some very simple freehand on the shoulder markings. Although simple, I think they turned out ood, and I will attempt more in the future ( though maybe not on this army exactly ).