Well that was quite the weekend.. in a flurry of painting on Saturday I got quite a bit finished.. actually I almost finished what I was hoping to get done for the entire month! So this is good news as it means I can get MOAR finished! Or at least that is the plan...
First unit(s) to show off this week though will be the pack of 12 screamers! Yes.. 12.. and honestly.. not enough. After painting them up in this style, I foresee myself buying 4 more boxes of them and painting up another 12 in less than 6 hrs..
Again, I copied the style and steps used here at Element Games though I think I went a bit heavier on the wash than he did in the tutorial. I have not done a lot of drybrushing in the last little while for projects, so it was a bit of a throw back to the beginning days of when I was painting. That being said, it had an interesting effect, and it went quickly so.. who is to judge here.. now really.. :)
Bases were the ones that came with the boxes. No resin bases here. I just smothered them in Vallejo Black Lava texture, and then went to town on them with the airbrush. Slight drybrush of black on the highest pieces, and BOOM.. all done. Hardest part was drilling a hole for the pegs to sit in. Yes.. that was the hardest portion of them.. go figure..
So some more photos of them here..
Expect to see a few more posts concerning other items finished over the weekend.. like some Dark Elf Pegasi for an older project re-visited, and the Limited Edition Chaplain for Dark Vengeance.
Also here is an updated WIP shot of some cultists.. showing my daily works as they progress..
Most of the colors are blocked out, or are getting there ( reds yet to be finished ). Once this is all done, then they will go through their wash cycle :)