Ok.. this is a strange topic for a post, but am hoping it has some more positive results for my painting progress.
About 2 weeks ago, Corvus' Miniatures put up an article concerning some new paints of his own. But really what it was about was moving the GW flip top paint into dropper bottles. Now this is something that is a personal preference to some painters while others prefer the flip top for ease of painting. Though I can't say that I am happy with them any more as I tend to thin my paints a bit while working with them, so working from the bottle comes out a bit too thick for me.
So when Corvus' put up this article and then showed his progress, I knew that I needed to follow suite! So after getting the supplier off him in the comments, and finding them on ebay. I ordered up 50 of their 15ml dropper bottles.
Now the dropper bottles were ordered from Thailand, and for some reason were re-routed through Germany before arriving to me in Turkey. It does state on the page that it can take up to 2-3 weeks or something, however it was barely a week before I received them. Only question I have though is that if it did not get to me, it was to be returned to Germany, but don't know what to think of that. But whatever, they arrived, and most likely I will order another 50 in time as I am considering to move the shades and glazes over also, but time will tell on that.
No photo of the bag of empty bottles, but you can see some of the shots of how I went about transferring the paints across. Again, taking inspiration from Corvus' here.
Upside down GW bottles, leaning up against the brush cleaner pots, and held there with blu tack.
The first half finished. And thankfully the labels come off the new bottles well enough so that I can re-stick them to the dropper bottles.
Some empties, and the to be transferred colors..
And the completed 36 bottles of paints, and old inks in dropper bottles.
What is left over from the transfer. These will now join the ranks of miniature holders, as soon as I get more blu tack to use with them.
So the whole process to move 36 colors ( 5 oop inks and 1 oop blood red in there ) took a majority of the evening last night. No painting occurred because of this. However I do hope that now with the droppers in hand, I can use more of the GW paints in the airbrush. Each bottle also received an agitator, and about 20-30 drops of Tamiya Paint thinner also. Some more than others depending on what kind of paint it was ( base or layer ).
Will do another post after using them a bit more and see how they work out. Either this was complete genius or I have just wasted 36 paints :) Only time will tell I guess..
Hope this was helpful and again the links below to everything: