Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

Dark Elfs: Cold Ones Part 1

Next unit up was the cold ones. Have to say that this unit scared me a bit since I was working on the purples and metals so much that I almost forgot how to paint browns and greens.

Since I got the new airbrush though, I really had the chance to give it a shot on these guys. So with the greens and khaki colors in hand, I went to work on them. In the span of 1.5 hrs, I had the basic green, highlight green, and also the khaki coloring done up. If I had done this by hand, it would have easily taken me 9 hrs or more. And the effect would not have been as good, nor would I have used as little paint as I had.

So from here, I did up the straps in VGC Terra Brown before washing them with GW Sepia and Ogryn. Silver was simple enough, and the spikes/claws were VGC Khaki, VGC Bone highlight, and then GW Delvan Mud washes.

Fully finished up in about 11 hrs in total ( 2 of which was a bust due to the original airbrushing attempts ).

Now onto the riders, but first more photos.








3 comments:

  1. awesome stuff with the cold ones matey. already a fan of your new airbrush :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys.. the airbrush is definitely helping out on making things go faster here. The riders are coming, as is the Hydra!

    ReplyDelete

If you liked the post, become a follower, comment or email me at mr.lees.painting.emporium@gmail.com.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...