Dark Elf: Cold Ones Part 2

Ok so after a week+ of working on these guys, they are finally finished. Have to say that I am pretty chuffed with how they came out, and thankfully so is the guy who paid me to paint them up! They even died a horrible death already in our game over the weekend! Though I think that was due to their shields not being finished, and thus they went out not fully ready to take on a K'Daai Destroyer!

So.. how do they look?

The riders were quite simple to get completed due to the fact that they are using the same recipes as used on all other models in this army thus far. I even went faster, as I was able to use the Airbrush to do up the silver base coat, and do do the purple base coats on the shields also. This probably cut close to 5 or 6 hours off the total time it would have normally taken me to paint.

* Indecently.. I was able to get the base levels of purple on the 16+ shields, and do the clean up of my Airbrush in the time it took for my buddy Burock over at Garganthar to create one of his new hobgoblin models. Once he has an article up on them, I will link back to it also. *

I think this unit though is probably going to be one heck of a centerpiece, even if the unit itself cannot really line up very well, as seen from the photos below. Hopefully we can figure something out to remedy that when we get to the basing aspect of this army.

More pictures below..















Comments

Popular Posts