Review.. Dwarf Bust from Giorgos Tsougkouzidis


It is Tuesday.. which means Reviews!

This week I have a long awaiting Dwarf Bust from my good buddy Giorgos Tsougkouzidis! I have painted a few pieces from him already ( The Alien and Ape, and started in on the Goblin before shows took over ).

But this was the piece that I have been looking forward to as mentioned above. The moment I saw the WIP photos of this on Facebook from Giorgos I was immediately hooked to it! It reminds me of Scibor pieces with the texture on the skin, but the beard doesn't look like it was sculpted with a tomahawk axe though!


It is a decent height piece as well. Not quite as tall as the Alien bust, but damn near close to it. But with more of an emphasis on the face itself compared to the chest/shoulder sections. So I will have the opportunity to really go into the nitty gritty details on this bust.


Giorgos has also included it with a plinth of sorts. Really a good idea as it gives the piece a bit more character, plus can help make it more stable for standing up after it is finished. You can see that the back of the piece slides into a slot that helps to fit them together.


With the back piece.. this is always interesting with Giorgos's pieces is the amount of extra details he puts. So the pieces are ones that can be viewed from all sides to really get an idea of what is happening with it.

From a painting point of view this can be cool or a burden. Will see which one this one is.. but at least it is more interesting than just carving it out, or leaving it fully blank.

You can also see the mold line on this piece here and how it sits along that back section. Very typical of the castings from Greece ( as I am finding out it is a central caster instead of the artists themselves ).


We are beginning to see a couple copies of this surface over on Facebook from other great painters. Really curious how they will all come out.. but for me and on this one. I am already planning out the colors that I will tackle with this, and my son has already decided he should have a brown beard ( like his dad's! ).

As always, this piece is available from Giorgos directly.. find him on Facebook here to order! Always sent via recorded post, and usually arrives to the UK within a week ( more if you are not home to sign for it, and have to head to the dreaded post office to pick it up! ).

Let's see how it goes.. and expect more reviews to occur before the end of the year here! Enjoy!

Comments

  1. Thx for the review....
    Looks like real fun painting that guy with a strong focus on hin character-face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lot of fun bust just from the character aspect of it. Going to be a joy to paint up!

      Delete
  2. This is a nice bust. Holy Moly! Can't wait to see it painted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait either! And I am loving the fact that there are others out there getting some paint on them also. Looking forward to seeing what I can do with it :D

      Delete
  3. Wow...I already thought the detail was impressive, then you showed the back of the model. I think it would take me months to do that model justice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't have months of time to work on it when I do get started with it. More like weeks or days :D So will see how I get on with it soon enough ;)

      Delete
  4. Now that is a nice lookin' piece. Best you get some paint on it, Mr Lee.

    And I really like the star wars board. Jus' like shootin' wamp rats down Beggar's Canyon...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zzzzzz.. though he is pushed on the bench behind a few other "Chaos" like brutes ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts