Airbrush workshop... photos dump


I wrote a nice article on this already over on 5th-dimension blog. Why there instead of here? Well that is easy.. since it was run by John aka Darkmessiah who is a fellow 5th-dimension blogger.

Go and have a look there and then come back. I'll wait... :)

.....

....

...

..

.

Ok.. glad you enjoyed that read over there.. now for some insult slinging, wisecracks of the people involved.. and more photos ;)

Nah.. just kidding.. the weekend was good ( as you just read about ) and there were a lot of interesting activities both with and without the airbrushes. :)

I talked a bit about the Strongbow airbrush technique, and although I make fun of it, it was something that was used in the workshop. Intentional or not it was used ;)




And the technique makes for a nice pose with regards to photos though :)

We had Gus playing with his 2 airbrush technique as well...


This would be replaced later on with a hairdryer when I get home.. I can see that happening and making the speed much faster for this technique.

I joke about Gus as he was a bit junior in comparison to some others with the airbrush, but he is no noob with a normal brush however. You can see 2 freehand pictures he made and brought to show everyone below..



This stuff is crazy good.. so it makes sense that he threw my Orc onto the floor when he saw someone else paint better than him ;) I joke... sort of..



Many good chats happened throughout the weekend though.. many good laughs and jokes..







It felt good also to be in a class that I was not the biggest noob there ( Thanks Gus for taking that role! ) and also to be able to contribute a bit as well.

One of the biggest things that John was looking for in this class actually. To build up the knowledge between those attending, but also to build up the relationships between those attending. To get the conversations flowing between the members and to get each to learn from one another just as much as they should learn from himself.

Aside from that.. I am really happy to have had the chance to go and learn.. and now to apply that to my new bust! Now let's see what I can do and what effects will come of it!!!

Comments

  1. Sounds like a great time.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun, though tiring at the same time.
      Now to use those skills on my latest piece!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts