WIP Dwarf Bust.. the journey continues...


YAY... FRIDAY!!!! And with that some work on the Dwarf Bust.

This time I am working on the left arm brace. Some darker fur, and ice stone scales. I am not fully sold again on the fur sections, but the scale colors I am liking. Though I think I need to work on the contrast aspect a lot more with it.

Another secetion that I have worked on though is the metal beard pieces.


This part was a bit more interesting, the metals. I tried to work the bronze/brass up to a silver. and then washed it back to brass with Ogryn Wash. I still have to do some blue/green verdigris to make them a bit more weathered.  It will tie the arm brace and eyes back into the model. Making them stand ut less overall.

Oh and I also worked a bit on the back hair sections. But I did not want to make them as vibrant as the beard sections though.


So the story of the Dwarf Bust continues.... now let's see where it goes... more to come! Enjoy the weekend!

Comments

  1. Amazing Mr Lee ,This bust is what size ? The details of sculpt is perfect .
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LOL. It is 140mm tall :) Kinda a large piece.. hence why it is taking forever to get finished. More to come soon!

      Delete
  2. Looks awesome, is the skin finished? I like the contrast on the skintones - subtle yet effective. Can't wait to see it finished :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skin still has a bit of work to do. Maybe push the contrast and shadows a bit more. More color variations if time allows as well.

      Thanks for the nice comments! Cheers

      Delete
  3. Thats looking ace mate. The face is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its great! Makes me want to start on some larger scale stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't start till the Chibi dragon scene is done! This will take just as long! Thanks for the comments Zab! Canadian compliments are always welcomed!

      Delete
  5. Pretty cool. Will you shade the complete back down to reflect your decision with the hair? Otherwise I think it is a bit strange if the hair is darker than on the front (would be illogical).

    And I think I finally know what irritates me at this bust: the shaft of the weapon (I suppose it will be a axe) looks for me pretty bended and warped on the pictures. Especially on a short weapon this would be pretty odd because you need the stability of a strong, clean wooden handle.

    Keep it rollin' :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the critiques and comments Paradox0n...

      I will highlight up the hair a bit more, and maybe darken the skin a bit. But the hair is a bit more under the shadows of the hands than the skin I believe. Hence why they are a bit darker anyways.

      As for the weapon.. there is a 'bit' more handle there for the axe, but not much. Though it is still a massive axe head.. will have it going on soon.. promise! More work to get done on it over the weekend.. expect pictures next week!

      Delete
    2. You can't do anything about the sculpt. The bust is nonetheless beautiful and impressive. I really love the face and the facial hair and stuff ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts