Wild Hunter... FINISHED?!?!?!


IT'S FINISHED?!??!?!!!!!

Seriously this has been the longest I have ever spent on a model for painting time before, but it is also the first time I have really pushed myself to try to paint better. 

But this has been quite the journey for me.. starting back in Hamburg last month in the BAM class with Roman/Raffa. Where the fundamentals for this bust came into place. And really making some headway by painting and getting the face finished within those 3-4 days. Not to mention the base colors and scheme ready for other sections to be picked apart when I got back to Istanbul. 


Once home I began to work and sketch out the other sections as I was still very burned out from the workshop. I actually did not even touch the model for the first week or so after returning home I was so burnt out. Doing something like 45+ hrs of work on this over the 4 days was quite intense.. guess I am not as young as I used to be. Though when I did finally pick it up again, I stayed away from the dreaded beard! It consumed my energy during the workshop, and I wanted to get my mojo back up for this piece at home. So I started with things like the metals, then working my way over to the leather aspects, before getting attached to the beard and weapon itself!



I honestly am not sure how many hours I have invested into this project at this point but 100+ seems about right so far. I have had bursts of energy that have allowed me to plow through full sections of it, and then I have had times where work and travel have restricted my ability to even look at it, let alone paint it. 

More so with the recent absence from the web, this is based on the fact that I am in the midst of the big move to the UK! Which although is a super fun adventure yet to be had, the moving aspect has not been the smoothest journey. So it has consumed more of my time than I would have liked. 

Even getting these final pieces done on the project here were done in the midst of many moving boxes. With me digging through them to find my glue, or xacto knife, or a specific color needed to touch up the piece! Talk about painting to the last minute on a piece!




I was able to finally put it onto the lovely socket that Heiko from the WuDao was so nice to give me for this project. I think although I like the one that comes with the piece, this fits better for something that could be put on an office desk perhaps? Maybe? 

In the end though, regardless of hours, of the tears, the blood, and the sweat ( or swears ) that I have put into this piece, I am really happy with it in the end! I think it really came together, I learned a lot of new techniques for future projects, and I think it will be one of my best pieces for the foreseeable future. Well.. until I get another piece that was as inspiring as this one was.. and have the time and energy to dig deep into it once more!


One final shot in a more moody light added to the collection. I liked how this looked while setting up the piece for photos so decided to take a quick shot at this angle also. Thoughts on it? 

And until then.. enjoy it! I will probably not be in Blogger land much over the coming days/weeks due to the big move.. but when I do come back ( probably in the new year? ) I will do so with some larger projects! Stay tuned for that, and enjoy!

Comments

  1. One of your most beautiful figurines , fantastic work and paint !! Amazing .
    Greetings
    Vincent ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LOL.. much appreciated for the kind words.

      Delete
  2. Really amazing.
    Good luck n your move.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paradox0n.. lets hope the move goes smoothly indeed.

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous. Really nice job. love the leather & the bronze especially

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LF.. was not quite sure on the leather sections, but am glad that you like it!

      Delete
  4. Very nice this insane slayer. Gratz you managed to finish this project. Lg jürgen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Jurgen.. am really happy to have finished it as well! Took a while indeed..

      Delete
  5. Stunning. Well worth the time and effort. You should always take photos with dramatic lighting. Full light is great for galleries or judging, but shadow is very fancy and can focus the attention to details that would otherwise be missed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zab. Took its time to get finished indeed, but am glad to see it finished. Am really happy with how it turned out here, and what I learned from it.

      Delete
  6. Great work there! He has turned out really well - hopefully I'll get to see him in the flesh at somepoint seeing as you are moving to the UK :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate.. though it will not be coming to UK with me unfortunately. It is a bday/good bye gift to one of my buddies here in Turkey before leaving. Though I hope to do more of these in the near future! And meeting up is very much a cool idea!

      Delete
  7. Amazing work! Makes me want to get a bust of my own and try myself ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do! Would love to see more versions of it out there! It is unique enough. Just be prepared for the beard.. it is a lot tougher than it looks!

      Delete
  8. Thank you Andrew! I really tried to work out the details as much as I could here... so glad that it was seen :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You sir deserve a very large drink of something special - this is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael... and come to think of it. I have a cabinet full of special drinks ... might just have one.. thanks for the compliment and the idea!

      Delete
  10. That is mind blowing and well worth all those hours that you have put into it :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a 10 from me :D impressive work. Congrats! and best of luck on moving to the UK. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really remarkable work on this. Your dedication shows.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey all, i am the lucky b to whom this bust would be gifted to. Received it yesterday and OH-MY-GOD...! Please dont hate me, try having good friends like mr.lee here instead as i did.

    Now we ll be heading to the club for some games and drinks after that if you excuse us :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts