Daemons of Chaos: Plague Drones!


Well this unit took much longer than I anticipated.. With so many parts, and each causing problems to the item nearest it, I really have to take it piece by piece to get this painted up properly. End result is good I think, but it makes for a very long project in the end. Still not used to having such projects on my desk for so long.

I have another box of them also, so things that I will do differently next time is really double, and triple check the gaps, space out all the parts in the beginning, and do the carapace part before the skin! Masking off the skin was such a pain in the rear, but masking the carapace should be easier ( more straight edges there ). As you can see, I did my best to get rid of them, but they are like cockroaches.. they don't want to die! But they are a lot less visible now though so that is a huge plus!

I will also have a look at the normal PBs and see if I can make the riders a bit more dynamic for the next bunch.

Gaming wise.. no idea if they will do well, but I can say that they are extremely fragile! I was going to pin them, but the space for pins, and aligning them up were another headache. So it was all superglue, and superglue accelerator here. Let's hope they survive!

More photos below.. don't expect too much over the next week as Mr Lee and his brood are moving house!  Though not the big move to UK yet, but a slight migration from our house as it sold quicker than we expected. So lots of packing, and storing, and looking to see how this will work for the miniatures will be in progress this week. Should be interesting to see how I transport all my models!

Cheers for now and enjoy the weekend!








Comments

  1. They look amazing. Excellent work as always. They do look like they will be a pain to transport, I never knew they were so pointy and thin. Good luck with the house move. Just remember where you put all your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They will be an absolute pain to move around.. and I will test that theory out this weekend while I attempt to pack everything up! I suspect I will need to carry glue and black paint around with these models when trying to transport them!

      Thanks for the compliments for the models!

      Delete
  2. Those are freaky looking goodness, good luck with the move and packing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fran, I fear I will need all the luck I can get! Cheers!

      Delete
  3. Great photo , great paint really nice atmosphere on this great work Mr lee
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Capt LOL.. am really happy with how they came out in the end!

      Delete
  4. They look really Awesome well worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon! Am glad they look worth it :)

      Delete
  5. Hola
    Bonitas piezas,me gusta el resultado final
    Ten cuidado con la mudanza,empaqueta bien que si no ya sabes,,,,,
    un saludo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias JD
      Ya tratando de averiguar el movimiento con las miniaturas. No es una tarea fácil. Se puso unas fotos que muestran lo pronto he maletas y se necesita mover! Es inmenso!
      ¡Salud!

      Delete
  6. Love the effect on the bases. Great job on some big miniatures. Hope your big move goes smoothly.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kiwi.. am hoping it goes well also.. still trying to pack up my gaming and miniatures... it seems to never end!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts