Post Salute Hangover in effect...


Salute 2015 is over, and what a ride it was this year!

Huge difference right off the bat in that instead of being just a visitor, buyer, spectator admiring all the riches laid within, I got to be on the Trader list instead! Which meant that I got to skip that entire line behind me up top there, and wander around before everyone entered the hall!

But honestly, that was not needed because this year the hall was even bigger, and thus it didn't fell so much like a sardine can as it was last year. Plus, with the e-ticket sheets, entering the hall apparently was also easier ( though much like a stampede as well from what I heard! ).


So why as a trader this year? Is Mr Lee selling something finally? Well.. no.. not yet.. but one of the big backers of Mr Lee was, and I was helping him out! Alan from Modelmates was in full effect once more so I headed over to his booth to help him out. But I was not expecting to see such large close ups of some of my pieces as examples! Wowzers! Lookie lookie.. I be famous :P

It was really cool to have some of my work up there, and to be able to reference it in the large photos while also showing off my models themselves. As this show I had brought with me models to explain how and where I had used the weathering liquids, and to what effect.


It was not the most glamorous of set ups, and it didn't show off everything, but it did do the job. And although it was close to the bottles, nothing got knocked over throughout the entire show! I call that a success!!!!

In the end as well, all my stickers and cards were given out. So hopefully we will see some new followers in the weeks to follow ( or at least new likes on the Facebook page? ).

Throughout the day though the booth was swamped. Many visitors came over to get a live demo from Alan and his team, or came over to me to ask for examples and how to use it in a particular model or 2.

Am really happy to have bought the Skitari robots and painted them up quickly as they were great to give quick explanations about how to use the products, and see different techniques with a single bottle.

Plenty of friends popped by as well, and some we even managed to get some selfies in with! Huzzah!










Thanks again to all of that! Was great to put names to faces ( and some I can even remember! ) and being able to catch up in person with others.

Was also able to get out and catch up with a couple of traders as things were still setting up. Some also did photos with me!



Great to see Infamy and Ax Faction set up and looking as sharp as ever! Would have tried for shots with Armored Syndicate and Guild Ball but both were swamped with buyers and I had to get back to the booth to help out. Next time for sure!

Oh and yeah.. some on Facebook have already seen it, but for those not.. here was the swap list... compulsory public shaming of myself it seems...


A quick breakdown of things that stand out and I remember buying deliberately instead of impulse were..

  • 3 full teams, mascots, and rulebook for Guildball!
  • A full restock of the Modelmates product line ( including some of the newly released dropper bottles! )
  • Infamy Black Market tote bag complete with goodies ( sans Jo bust.. to come later though ;) )
  • Maria from Armoured Syndicate game by Megaton Games
  • Japanese Dice bag and more Bolt Action dice from Warlord
  • 4 Engima 54mm models from Troll Traders bargin bin
  • A Deepsea diver metal monster in 54mm from Troll Trader bargin bin again
  • 5 Weird War British Robot soldiers from a stand near Warlords.. ( saw them painted, and complete impulse buy! )
  • pack of 4 Zombie Christmas models.. no idea where from, complete impulse buy
  • Medieval Merchant bust from MDP on sale
  • Medieval Lord 54mm figure from Figone
  • Kyle Reese Terminator LE piece for a club mate locally
So expect the next several weeks to have some reviews of everything.. some more in depth than others.. but it was a great day and plenty of things to now run off and do! Including actually working on a proper showcase painting project! Let's see if I can make that real and keep the momentum going with it!

Comments

  1. Nice to meet you again. I did not think to get a selfie, but I have never in my life done one so no big shock there. I will be trying out the "Rust" later this week and have high hope it will turn out exactly what I want it to ......fingers crossed.

    And the SE5a does have a Vickers and a Lewis gun which can be fired either together or separately in the rules, but the Lewis does need reloading more often..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would have been good.. but next time I suppose ;)
      As for the rust.. have any questions, well, you know where to find me!

      And very cool to know about the plane. A separate post will be about it, and my experiences of painting such a tiny model... and this is definitely a tiny model!!!!

      Delete
  2. I'm not sure how I missed you on my many circuits of the hall.

    That's a cool loot list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamsin. It was a massive event and I know that there were many that missed the booth as it was not huge in comparison to some of the others :) I even walked past it while arriving in the morning before I realized I had already passed it :D

      Delete
  3. Was great to meet again and actually see all your pieces up close. My mate bought some Mininatur and Modelmates stuff after seeing your voodoo base. I look forward to your Guildball teams. They had some excellent models

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jack. Was great to see you again and have a quick chat. Hopefully we meet again where we can have a more in depth chat on painting as well!
      And thanks for the Blurple! Now to figure out a model to apply it to!!! :D

      Delete
  4. Looks like you had an excellent day! Awesome Loot haul as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great day Simon. Had a blast chatting with everyone and catching up with old friends, while making new ones! And yes.. the haul was big.. I can only cringe at thinking what it would have been like if I had been let loose from the booth! :D

      Delete
  5. Looks like I have to add this to a list of events to attend next year! Looks like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is definitely a go to event these days if you are looking for some interesting or new pieces to add to the plastic/resin/metal piles at home ;)

      Delete
  6. Apologies I didn't manage to get back and have that chat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Problems Ray.. you looked wiped out as it were already when I did see you ;) Can't imagine you lasted much longer after that at the event :D

      Delete
  7. It was good to see you, if only briefly. It was getting crowded in the corner with my darling wife getting excited over rust effects, so I thought it best to make myself scarce. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes.. I do believe the Mrs there escaped with quite a few bottles from Alan. Looking forward to seeing what you both do with them :)

      Delete
    2. "Both" does involve me getting some off her. ;-)

      Did you see her Chaos Reaver Titan with all the rust effects?

      Delete
    3. Yes, she showed some of the progress. I had attempted to provide her some ideas on how to blend it in a bit more, but she was in full negotiation mode with Alan for rust :) Looking forward to how that finished up like though! :D

      Delete
  8. Mr Lee… I missed you!
    I caught a glimpse of you briefly when we went by the stand early on but you were swamped. Only in the car going home did I realise I never made it back round to have a chat. Looks like you had as much fun as we did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had seen you pass by as well, but as stated we were quite swamped! Which is a great thing to have for a booth! Will ping you on FB though to pick your brain on something ;) Chat soon :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts