Parade continues...


So the parade continues with a bit more work done here on detailing the first buildings.

I figured I would give 2 different sizes a go.. starting with a smaller Town House, and then the larger Farm House as well.



Initial experiments with wood flooring coming from a single left over sheet of balsa wood from a project long since forgotten here. It already had the grooves lengthways on it, so just have to make the smaller cuts to represent it as layered wood slabs there. They did not quite fit, so I then stuck some more balsa wood beams and along the floor/wall sections.

Not sure how well it will look afterwards, but it is a start at least. I also plan to do some wallpaper for the walls once the majority of it is painted up. And possibly even do some plastic transparent sheets to represent the window glass.. but need to figure that out further I suspect.




Externally this is what we have for the first little town house. Having a brick base, and then a white stone work putty/plaster facade to go with it. While the putty was semi wet ( though it does not stay long ) I pressed the other cardboard cut outs into it. More secure than the white glue I used on the bricks!




I continued this on with the large Farm House as well.. but got a bit more elaborate with the brick work design.

Though I am a bit stumped as to what to do with the wooden panel that crosses over a section ( though at the moment it is not in the right spot! ).. any ideas are welcome!


Combined and lined up this is what we have ( with a few SAS checking out the digs.. ).. I think once paint is applied this could turn out really good. Just have to figure out the right colors for it to keep it dusty and old.

As for the roofs.. I have ordered a clay tile stamp. So I will line the roof with DAS clay, thinly, and then stamp it with the pattern. Hopefully this will work out for me, and create a good enough texture that will work nicely at this scale. As I am struggling a bit to find ones in the appropriate scale...

More to come.. though paint is a long ways off as yet. As I plan to batch paint them as much as possible, and do up the details one by one. Though now that I can see that the footprint of the houses is fixed, I can begin to plan out the full board a bit including some hill sections as well as the street pattern.

Should be fun!

Comments

  1. Looking good so far :)

    For the wooden panel, if it was me I'd probably leave it off and remove the lugs that it slots onto.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a strong push for me to do that as well.. at least for the farmhouse ones, and maybe for the larger shop keep it and make it into a sign. But I will do a bit of research to see if I can find a few things that might fit before I go and take it fully off :D

      Delete
  2. While I am enjoying this series of posts it is ruined by having 3 pictures of a space marine covering up the writing. Don't get me wrong the space marine is nice but e is blocking out some of the writing. Just thought you should know if you were unaware.

    Cheers Clint.
    Nice looking buildings though. Each step does improve them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads up Clint. On the mobile it is not showing, but I can see what you mean when on the page here. I will look to see if I can correct that, but it might be a google blogger thing... cause it has been a popular article in the past as well! Weird!

      And thanks.. I really do believe that the Sarissa buildings have more potential with conversions like this than others from say 4ground which are more out of the box finished styling.

      Delete
  3. That's an awful lot of work you have done already. I'm liking the brick façade, great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Michael.. I have begun to work on the layout a bit now as well last night.. laying down some cobblestone etc.. Am hoping to have more work on it tonight/tomorrow with maybe a post then on Saturday now. Will be a bigger update for sure, with some decent progress made to it..

      But this is going to get tedious quickly I suspect.. all that brickwork.. so am hoping I can keep the motivation up for it and not slink off to the PS4 and easy land when things get rough!

      Delete
  4. These buildings are just fantastic, as Michael I would say thay that the brick façade is really impressive...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Phil. I think it will look good when all done so long as I don't muck it all up when I get to painting!

      Delete
  5. Love the bricks, not sure I'd have the patience to do that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find watching older films helpful in that instance.. makes the time go by faster, and not seeming as much as a chore as it looks then ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts