Project Dark Elfs: Pegasus and Riders

A re-visit to an older project that I did almost a year+ ago.. the client wants to be able to field the Flying Circus list for an upcoming tournament. So with that, he needed 3 more Pegasus riders, one of which will host the Kneeling Naked Elf model that is so popular on my blog.


The shield pieces on the cloths will get some freehand. Just waiting on the client to decide what it will be. Each will be a bit different to make them more individualized.



This was a quick paint job though, taking maybe 3 hrs total and was completed prior to the screamers last Saturday.

The scheme is almost ingrained in me after painting close to 6k points worth last year. I think if I had to redo it again, the army would take a fraction of the time with most of it being to pour paint onto the palette!

Expect some more pieces to show up for this project soon as eBay has been friendly to this client.

Comments

  1. Are the wings airbrushed too?

    It is amazing, how much you can "producec" in so short time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Airbrush and wash. Very simple work on them, but effective I think.

      And it is not really surprising when you don't go into super details and try to paint entire space battles on each model's cloak ;)

      Delete
  2. Looking great but I think you should really remove all the mould lines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Corvus. Deal with the client was he built, I painted. I tried to remove the more obvious ones, but some always slip through. Cheers

      Delete
  3. Hola Amigo
    Buen trabajo el de las pieles y alas me gustan,y las gemas todas remarcadas buenas.
    Atento estoi.
    un saludo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias JD.
      Fue un trabajo de pintura rápida para un amigo mío.
      ¡Salud

      Delete
  4. Very nice :) I was always tempted to do a horsefeather army :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I will get to see how well the "flying circus" goes.. will be nice to see 2 armies that I painted clash up against each other. That is if I am unlucky enough to be pitted against him in the tournament!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Brummie. Once the client picks some designs for those shields, I will give freehand a try!

      Delete
  6. That airbrush work has really set these apart, great job Sir.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts