Project Dark Angels: LE Chaplain

OK so yesterday's post was really popular, hopefully everyone thinks the same of this model..

A while back ( probably 2 months now? ) when I was in UK last I picked up a Limited Edition copy of the new 40k Starter box set. Mostly cause I knew that there were others out there looking for the Chaos bits, but also cause I wanted to take a crack at the Chaplain within it.


I did paint this prior to going to the workshop, so I cannot say that it is the best job out there. Also I painted it in parts to allow me to get to all the parts within it. I did try to copy the book art like-for-like. Not sure if that was the best thing, but it is what it is.

Things I would do differently now for this model would be the cloth on the front of the model, and the shoulder pad might get redone to be in gold for the skull as I am not happy with it. I might even go back on it to redo the shadows near the red sections to give it more definition.

Things I do like however is how the gold came out. Was my first try with the Vallejo Liquid Gold paint, and then washing it with Sepia and Delvan to tone it down afterwards.


I did try to do some shading/highlighting on the symbol on the back, but I think I can do better again. Next time perhaps.

Will see how the rest of the Dark Angel models from Dark Vengeance paint up now. I will have at least 2 boxes worth of them, plus some extra add ons like Scouts. Should have a decent little force from them in the end I hope.

While looking at this though, here is last nights progress on the Cultists..



Base colors, washes are done. But some highlights, and more washes on the flesh are required here. Then it will be picking out some of the smaller details such as the lens and tattoos/decals!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts