Infinity: Haqqislam

Ok with the recent games over the weekend, I wanted to do a bit of a spotlight on one of the armies that I have painted up for Infinity.

From the Infinity website, this force is described as:
Haqqislam, the New Islam, is a smaller power which possesses a single star-system only, Bourak. Separating itself from fundamentalism, Haqqislam bases its culture on an Islam which is humanist, philosophical and in continuous contact with nature. Biosanitary Science and Earthformation are the two major strengths of Haqqislam, which includes the best schools of medecine and planetology in the Human Sphere
 I find it refreshing to see them seen as friendly or the "good" guys for a change in a game.

Their range of models are, like all of Infinity models, very well crafted as can be seen here. Looking at the paint job that was done up by their painter, it is just so hard to resist NOT getting some to paint up. Which is exactly what happened to me :)

I did try my hand at painting them in the studio colors, which for these models were OK, but not great as it is  difficult to copy anothers work completely, but I gave it my best shot. Out of all my Infinity models, these have to be some of my better work overall. It did feel like they were just begging for colors in certain areas and the painting went along quite smoothly.

Not sure if I want to expand the force at this time however, as their play style is not one that I overly enjoy compared to my Nomads, but I might try a few more games with them and proxy up some of the other units to see how they play out.

Pictures of the models shown below are from their basic starter box..







Comments

Popular Posts