Infinity: Nomads

Continuing on with the Infinity posts, this one is to pertain to my Nomad forces. These are my bread and butter when it comes to gaming in Infinity, their style of play is one that comes easiest for me so far, and the tricks they can employ are ones can be set up with many fakes and twists to keep the opponent on their toes.

From Infinity they are described as such:
The Nomads consist of three enormous ships whose inhabitants, discontented with a society controlled by huge macroeconomic blocks and by A.I., have separated themselves from it and roam through space, trading from system to system. Tunguska is dedicated to the traffic and storage of information. Corregidor offers skilled labour at a good price, while Bakunin trades in all that is exotic and illegal in whatever area, from fashion to nano-engineering
 Just looking at their models you can see that they are a bit different than the mainstream armies.

The biggest thing that springs to mind when playing these guys are they are the back alley thieves and thugs that you would not want to run into on a dark rainy evening. However that point is moot when they can tag you with all their repeaters, and have an Interventor set you up for a Vertigo Zond to blow your apartment from its building.. all while watching HBO in his flat elsewhere..

They ooze character, and do things in style. After playing them for a while already, I keep finding new tactics or combos with them that are not obvious right away, both good and bad.

Although they have a lot of camouflage units, this is not their strong point, as witnessed from a recent match. You would think that a full camo army would be great to use, but its the lack of the surprise element as everything is not there. And most of the good camo units cost the most points, so you reduce your order pool too much. Like most Infinity armies, the ability to adapt is key to success, however it seems with Nomads being so fragile, it is even more important.

While playing Nomads, I like to try to build the lists to accomplish 3 things within the single list. This way, if my opponent shuts me down in one area I can continue on with another. Not saying this is always working, especially when you throw in the random scenarios, but it at least gives me hope that I can do something when one of my main units dies to a lucky critical roll.

Painting scheme of these guys, I have to say is decent, but the starter box is one of the older sets from Corvus Belli, and thus the models are not as good as some of the later releases. I also really wanted to get them completed as soon as possible, and thus did a very basic color scheme similar to the original colors, though without as much contrast on them.

Most likely I will update them in the future, but I have a ton more models that are requiring some more attention first.

Below are the models from the starter box that I have painted.. hopefully I find time to paint up more soon.







These were the first models that I did for Infinity, and was prior to me working on more thinner layers. The close up shots make that all the more evident. Bases have been attached, but better photos will be taken once the models themselves have been updated with a bit more contract in their outfits.

Till next time.. 

Comments

Popular Posts