BAM Workshops incoming... 2 weeks and counting..


In 2 weeks time I will return to the painting homeland.. or at least that is what it is beginning to feel like for me!

Going back to Germany for the 4th time in a year, and again for a painting escapade!

This time it is for the second level painting class from those crazy guys over at Massive Voodoo. Learning how to take what we learned in the beginners program, and kicking it up a notch to make it really go BAM in the face when looking at it. And what's more, is that I will be spending 11 days in Hamburg with these guys, and attending not one, but 2 of their classes over that time period! Hell yeah!

You can see that I started to do some prep work on the Brekk bust that we will paint before going there. Not super happy with it, but it gives me an idea what I can expect for this model while at the class and gives me the baseline by which to see how well I do afterwards.


Looks like a really poor mug shot from a police station at the moment. But again gives me a good idea of what I would like to work on, how I would like it to look like in the end, and where I can do better.

Also, looking at the threads for signing up for these classes there are spaces left! Class 1 which runs on the 20th to 22nd of September  still has spots available but not many left. But the second class running from 27th to 29th of September has many spots left.

The biggest things that I am looking forward to though, beside meeting up with Roman and Raffa again, are all the bloggers, and forum users that I have met over the last year and seeing them in person.

People like Count_Zero ( whom I met briefly at GD Germany ), Tuffskull ( whose Artbook I picked up a while ago, great stuff! ), Toolinger ( from Brushbrothers forums ), and Mike 72 ( whom I met at Dervish's workshop last year! ). So it will be pretty epic event for me to meet these guys, and also more at these events.

So if you were on the fence before on whether or not to go, and just so happen to be in or around the Hamburg area.. then um.. drop on in? Learn some cool secrets from this years GD Slayer Sword winner and the Head Judge! You know you want to!

Don't forget that you can win some cool miniatures due to my hitting some arbitrary number of views! Check out this post, and sign up to win! You just need to be a follower of the blog, and comment below to enter.. or do more to get more votes!

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Really is a toss up actually as it looks like my brother as well... wait.. Ray isn't my long lost older brother from England is he? NOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts