Surprise gift to me!

With Christmas and my Birthday occurring this month, it is always a time when I can splurge a bit on myself on a bigger item to add to my hobby, or make my hobby life easier.

Last year it was resin bases for my DoC army ( that unfortunately have not been used yet due to commissions ), but this year I went for something a bit more high tech and could be used immediately to help out.. wanting to be able to work on the blog, and fix photos on the go, I picked up the new Sony Tablet S 3G. Have to say so far I am quite impressed. And yes, I picked this up prior to both dates, but only cause I got such a great deal on it, that and I have the patience of a 3 yr old for such items. :)



Quick to boot up, and load the web. The keyboard takes a bit of getting used to, but it does give out a typewriter sound when you press the keys ( which can be turned off if/when it gets too annoying ). I have not had the chance to check out the video editing aspect as yet, still looking for the appropriate software to do this, and hopefully not having to pay for it.

I have also uploaded all my painting pdfs, rulebooks, and hobby related readings to it so that when I get stuck somewhere with nothing to do, I can still reference and take notes on topics concerning the hobby. Or just reference those quirky rules while in the midst of a game hopefully in the future.

Only downside so far is that it runs games too well.. which has become a bit of a distraction to the painting and hobby side of things.. hopefully I can tear myself away from slaying Orcs and Goblins in Dungeon Defender long enough to finish up this massive Dark Elf commission before too long. Or at least learn how to manage my time better with it. :)

Comments

Popular Posts