MOAR weekend efforts.. Relic backed even..


Although I spent a lot of time working on the Catachans, I also had a bit of spare time to work on the relic models ( mostly Friday, but still.. )..

I have been working on this army off and on for a bit now.. and the style is still yet to be locked down ( as can be seen from the red coats shown above ). But that being said, they are puppets.. and maybe not the best outfitted for fighting over a longer period of time? Who knows..


Thankfully I paint with a wet palette and have one basically filled with the basic colors ready for this army on stand by! Started in on the Dragoons last week, and finished off with the highlanders over the weekend.

Most of the main colors are available there, and I just need to top them up as I went along.



These were a bit more difficult than I had anticipated to paint up. But I liked how the helm metals came out, and the wood grain on the wheelie guy..




But the highlanders were the most fun to paint up!

I really wanted them to stand out from the rest of the army, and figured I would add red as a trim and then green as the main color on them. Yes.. ok they look a bit xmasy, but whatever..

I also attempted to do a lot more of the stitch look on them.. not just their sack bodies, but also the hats, and clothing. And tried a bit of a poor man's tartan pattern on the kilts as well.

Overall, I am really happy with how they turn out, and am looking to playing with them soon enough. Possibly within July or more likely August if time and opponents exist :)

But for tonight, I head back to the club to revisit my favorite game at the moment.. Bolt Action.. where my Japanese forces will try to either storm the beach or defend it from British forces. Should be interesting and a lot of fun. No armor allowed, so I already have the advantage :D

Comments

  1. That's a great force you are building up there and I personally like the variations in uniform - campaign style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael. It is slowly getting there indeed. Glad I am not the only one to like the variation in the coats, even if it was done unintentionally.. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow these models have such a wonderful aesthetic and character. I just love the little sack boy style faces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers for that Greg! I also like the idea of the toy puppets roaming around taking things out and fighting against each other as well :) Plus.. HIGHLANDERS!!!!! :D

      Delete
  3. Ahahahaha they are so great!
    Damn you, now I want to start painting again! :) (and then get demotivated after 2 brushstrokes) :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Glad to be of help there mate ;) Though if you have that feeling, then best to rest, relax, and find a project or topic to work on that will jump start your creativity once more :) These guys are surely doing it for me at the moment...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts